In 1994, Annette Miller, opened her Career Development Consultancy. Her aim was to fill the need of many learners to discover more about themselves and thus to be enabled to make wise and informed career decisions.
Since that time, the practice has grown exponentially into the thriving and well known practice that it is today. Yet growth has in no way diminished the key facets of this consultancy which are:
- The foundational belief in the worth and dignity of every person
- The belief that there are career possibilities for everybody.
- The desire that the insights gained though the career development counselling process will have an impact, not only on the person’s career choice, but on all areas of his/her life.
- The ongoing relationship with the client which enables him/her to continue to touch base with Annette when the need arises or when new decisions need to be made.
But the practice is not only aimed at senior high school learners and students. With a Masters degree in Industrial Psychology (Human Resource Development), Annette has the capacity to help all people at whatever stage in their working lives, from entry level till retirement and beyond. Some of the services offered are:
- Personality assessment and counselling for career change
- Recruitment testing and counselling for industry
- Skills assessment of staff members for decisions relating to skills development needs or correct positioning
Such a process involves the use of psychometric testing but always in combination with a great deal of narrative. Every client is encouraged to encounter who they are and to explore their life story in the process of making an optimal career choice.
Annette is registered with the Health Professionals Council of SA as well as with the Board of Healthcare Funders. Her services are therefore covered by most medical aids.